The following is an overview of policies and procedures regarding appointments, fees, cancellations, etc.
1. I am a Jungian psychotherapist specializing in individual consultation and psychotherapy. Customarily once an agreement to work together has been made, patients make a commitment which may last from a few months to several years.
2. I do not offer emergency care, crisis intervention, court-mandated therapy, or case management services. I am available via email or telephone to established patients.
3. Full payment is expected for missed sessions and for sessions cancelled on less than 24 hrs. notice. The work of psychotherapy is sometimes challenging and when we hit a difficult place together, it can feel easier to want to avoid coming in for treatment. I would prefer we speak about this intentionally rather than you canceling sessions. I hold your appointment time specifically for you and you alone. Therefore, I charge for appointments cancelled with less than 24 hours notice. No-shows or cancellations made after the start of the session incur the full fee.
4. If you are running late for your appointment, please text or email me as soon as you can to let me know you will be late. If I do not hear from you by 20 minutes into your session, I will call to check on you and may assume you do not plan to attend your session.
If you are late for your session, we will still end at our regular time.
5. If you need to contact me between sessions about a clinical matter, please email or phone me. I check my messages each day unless I am out of town. If I am planning on being out of town, I will let you know in advance.
Emergency phone consultations of few minutes are not charged. However, if we spend more than 10 minutes on the phone or if I spend more than 10 minutes reading and responding to emails, I will treat that time as therapy time and bill you at our usual hourly rate on a prorated basis for that time. If you feel the need for many phone calls and cannot wait for your next appointment, we may need to schedule more sessions to address your needs.
Texting is not the medium for discussion of issues or therapy. You may text me to let me know you will be delayed for a session or to request a change of time for your session or to ask for additional time, in which case we would arrange a time for a phone call.
6. If an emergency situation arises, please indicate it clearly in your message to me. If your situation is an acute emergency and you need to talk to someone right away, contact the closest 24- hour emergency psychiatric service:
Dial 911 or go to your nearest Emergency Room
7. To avoid dual relationships, I do not accept friend requests from patients on any of my social media profiles.