The novelty of not going to work or out to eat is probably wearing off by now; I know it is for me. So the question becomes how do we take care of ourselves in stressful times like these.
Here are a few of things I have found useful and which I suggest to others:
• Meditate. It is in and of itself stress reducing. There are apps available to help you do it.
• Take time to write in your journal. Don’t have a journal? This is a good time to start one. Write about what you see and feel. Write your dreams.
• Walk. You can do this outdoors, provided you maintain that 6′ social distance. You can even do it in your home.
• Give time to crafts that you enjoy. I am knitting a lot.
• Feel your feelings, whatever they are. Don’t try to hold it all in.
• Find your friends on social media and arrange a virtual get-together. Here’s a link to some tips to do that. https://www.thelily.com/8-tips-for-hosting-the-perfect-virtual-hangout/
*The photo at the top of this post is of the labyrinth which is a few hundred feet from my front door.